The emphasis of this class is to promote the greater enjoyment of pregnancy and birth through appropriate holistic yoga practices, all of which are carefully and gently adapted to enhance the general health and well-being of both mum and baby. Pregnancy Yoga is nurturing and supportive and provides a quiet space for the mother to develop a relationship with her unborn child. Classes consist of classic yoga postures, breathwork, rhythmical movement, voicework and deep relaxation. Birth preparation is woven through the classes with a focus on breathing techniques, the use of birthing balls and positions for labour and birth.
Benefits of practising Yoga for Pregnancy
* Relieves stress, anxiety and tension
* Keeps the body strong and supple without straining
* Boosts energy levels
* Promotes restful sleep
* Can help relieve or prevent common minor ailments during pregnancy
* Can be used to relieve pain in labour and childbirth
* Can help the mother to bond with her unborn baby through breathing and visualisation techniques
* Meet other mums-to-be with whom you can share this experience of being pregnant and becoming mothers
Eleanor is an experienced & qualified Perinatal Yoga Instructor and Childbirth Preparation Teacher. Get in touch directly by calling 077 1727 7433 to book your place.
Suitable for all stages of pregnancy from 14 weeks onwards.