MUM & BABY YOGA
The postnatal period is a very special time for mothers and babies. This class is designed to provide a warmly supportive environment where the new mother can reconnect with herself physically, mentally and emotionally while playfully bonding with her new baby through the practice of yoga together. Classes include a gentle progression of yoga postures and rhythmical sequences to aid postnatal recovery, while breathwork, relaxation and visualization help teach mum and baby how to relax in each others presence over the postnatal year and beyond. Babies participate with the mothers throughout the class enjoying age appropriate stimulation exercises, songs, rhymes and dry massage, as well as being part of mum’s posture work and relaxation.
Time is always given at the end of my Mum & Baby Yoga classes for the mums to enjoy a cup of tea together in the studio. This is a great opportunity for the mums to catch up with each other, share experiences and form friendships.
Benefits of practising Mum & Baby Yoga
* The postnatal body is strengthened, toned and stretched.
* Energy levels are increased and deep relaxation is encouraged through breathwork.
* Learn to strengthen and reconnect with the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor.
* Learn new ways to communicate and bond with your baby through touch, sound, song and movement - the richest stimulation we can offer babies from birth
* Meet other new mums with whom you can share experiences and form friendships
Eleanor is an experienced & qualified Perinatal Yoga Instructor and Childbirth Preparation Teacher. Get in touch directly by calling 077 1727 7433 to book your place.
Suitable from 6 weeks after birth.